Thursday, October 19, 2017

INJUSTICE!!!!!!


My experience of INJUSTICE!
For me this took a while for me to think about if anything happens for injustice. I worked at an "unnamed" [confidentiality] program for year and some months. For the last few months that I worked there I gotten least hours than someone who just started working there for a few months. When I asked for more hours, and I got them. But they only gave me hours I can’t do, because I had classes at that time.

REACTION!!!:
I soon found out that a new staff member got more hours than me I was pretty shock on the fact of she got a lot more day than I did. Even more so, she is younger than me and not even out of high school yet. I knew we need more staff and we had a messed-up schedule, but I thought we would have redone it and then input people that we just hired in those spots. It’s still shocking because when I started working there I only started with a couple days and then worked my way up, but this staff member got five days and more right off the bat.

WHAT I DID:
I looked at the schedule the first time and I was okay with it. When they made the new schedule with the new staff member one it. That’s when I asked about giving me more hours and why did the new staff member have more days than me. That when she stated that they are trying to get someone to leave because they are doing a good job and they are trying to show that person that they are giving them least hours. That’s when I asked to do it but then they told me the hours and I told them that I can’t because they are giving me hours that are during my classes.

IF THIS HAPPENED AGAIN:
I really hope I that the skills and the knowledge I have from working and talking to our staff I would help to not have it again. If it does happen again, I am willing to ask if we can start a new schedule and get everyone’s times they can work. I am here for the children and the other staff members I talked to told me I should be there person that come to mind, because I wanted to stay for the longer run. But I would ask if they new help wit the scheduling I would even take it over. But me asking them to make it fair and equal of when people got hired is fair. I would do this until it was right, because we were here for the youth and want the days they we deserve.

OTHER PEOPLE:
 I feel like if it happens to other people it would be different situation and how they took it. I talked to other people about my situation and the compared their injustice. I feel like I’m going completely different reaction wise, because everyone was pissed of and I was thinking more positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SWIM TEAM

Oo Ahhhhhh!! So, on November 11 th I did an event, that I helped the swim team at the YMCA in Smithfield Rhode Island for their swim me...