Wednesday, October 4, 2017

CARE


Reading:

After reading Mapping Interconnected Care I felt like a few things that stuck out to me is. The first That popped out at me is the snack factory, and the morning routine. Like when she drew a spatial map. The teacher made a routine with the snack and her other habits that make student ready to learn but also have a treat. I would keep me on my toes because I have something in my belly.  Also another part is she want to understand what her students are going through, like why are you sleep, or just giving a snack because they were hungry. The way she mentions “feeding the family” is such a huge impacted on the students even though the teacher may not know.  Even when making schools a “safe space” and a “second home”. That means a lot, because I felt like that when I was in school because I can feel like I know I can do something I love.


My Internship:

YMCA offers many different choices to the children that come to our programs. I feel like our programs allow them to show how to care in different way that are valued. By have different choices for children they can pick what they truly want to do by expressing on through caring about the activity. So, therefore they are stuck or not enjoying what they are doing.

Improve:

The thing that that we should improve at my YMCA is the children to start care about each other and the staff. The big issue for me is when they ask WHY when I’m telling them to get into a group or to go to the gym for free play and etc. . I was even talking to my director and she agrees with me about they are asking WHY way too much. She put a thought in my head about if something dangerous happen they would not understand what they need to do because they are just asking WHY all the time. The only thing we all say to the children is that we get told what to do by our boss or it’s on our schedule.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I really liked your blog post, because we both work at the YMCA and I feel that we can relate to a lot of experiences we've had there. Also, it is nice to see you writing improvements the program can make. Gives me some insight and things to look out for at my Y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the pictures and the connections you made with your job. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! This blog post was awesome and I love how you mentioned "feeding the family" from the reading. That also stuck out to me as I was reading the material for this week!

    ReplyDelete

SWIM TEAM

Oo Ahhhhhh!! So, on November 11 th I did an event, that I helped the swim team at the YMCA in Smithfield Rhode Island for their swim me...