Saturday, November 25, 2017

SWIM TEAM


Oo Ahhhhhh!! So, on November 11th I did an event, that I helped the swim team at the YMCA in Smithfield Rhode Island for their swim meet! During this time I helped set the tables up, also directed people in where to go and also I helped out at the food stand. It was so much fun I, because I got to see what happens at a swim meet for the first time. There was a lot of movement when the swimmers need to go for their lane. Also, I got to help make it a safe space for them, because we took care of all the youth, like when they were hungry or need anything from their parents or from us. I really appreciated the fact of them letting me volunteer to see and help them out by letting me see how truly passionate the swimmers are at doing their races. The accessible aspect of the event helped create a safe space for everyone that came along. I enjoyed being in " the background" of this event because it helped me observe and soak in the joy of all the young humans that were there. They were self-sufficient which made my "job" easy. I am hoping to help them out soon, because it shows me how they interact with others and also observe them come together as a team and help each other out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SWIM TEAM

Oo Ahhhhhh!! So, on November 11 th I did an event, that I helped the swim team at the YMCA in Smithfield Rhode Island for their swim me...