Friday, November 24, 2017

Open House


As an event I went to the Open House at Rhode Island in North Providence on November 18th to help with the Youth Development booth. I was there with other students to make Youth development be aware by people who came to the Open House to see what there is at Rhode Island College. I went to the Open House at 12:30, to help by setting up and to get to see what the other booths that were around the gym. We as Seniors as Youth Development majors spoke to different people who were interested in what truly our major is all about. This was fun, because we got to help different people out with their elevator speech for the YDEV 300 class so they were ready to do it in class. Also, to see them talk to other people and help them to get a full understand of what YDEV is about in a short amount of time. I feel like this connects with a couple text we have learned in class; Caring, Leading with and more. These two are only some that are intertwined with this event, because we are leading the student that want to know more about the youth development program by giving them information that with help them decide if it’s a good fit for them, but also letting them not feel like it a nervous thing to do, because we were all just having a conversation to the student that were wanting to know more. So, we wanted to lead them with information that will help them decide what they want to do at college.
I was in one of the pictures but I don't have a twitter account so I can't get it from there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

SWIM TEAM

Oo Ahhhhhh!! So, on November 11 th I did an event, that I helped the swim team at the YMCA in Smithfield Rhode Island for their swim me...